This guide will walk you through the process of blocking or allowing pop-ups in the following browsers:
**Click any of the browser names above to navigate to the steps for that browser.**
1. Google Chrome
(1) Click on the Chrome menu dropdown just below the top right corner of the browser window.
(2) Click Settings
1.1 Open Advanced Settings
Scroll down the page to the bottom and then click on Show advanced settings…
1.2 Privacy Settings
Look under Privacy Settings and click on the Content Settings… button
1.3 Allow/Block Pop-ups
Choose whether or not to allow pop-ups. It is recommended that you block pop-ups. If you want only specific websites to allow pop-ups click Manage Exceptions…
1.4 Manage Exceptions(optional)
Enter the address for the website you would like to allow pop-ups for. Chrome will allow you to add multiple sites to this list.
**In the previous step if you said to allow pop-ups for all websites you can choose to block on specific sites here. It is best to block for all and allow as needed though.**
(1) Click on the Firefox settings menu bar just below the top right corner of the browser window
(2) Click Preferences
2.1 Content Settings
(1) Click on Content
(2) Make sure the checkmark is set if you want to Block pop-up windows
(3) Click on Exceptions if you would like to allow pop-ups from specific sites
2.2 Pop-Up Exceptions
Type in the address of the website that you would like to allow popups for and then click allow.
(1) Click Safari on your Mac’s menu bar
(2) Open Preferences
3.1 Open Security Preferences
After opening preferences:
(1) Navigate to Security
(2) Make sure the checkbox is checked to block pop-ups. Safari does not have a manage exceptions section, but will allow you to open pop-ups for specific sites when you visit them. If you visit a site that blocks pop-ups, Safari will offer to open the pop-up anyways if you’d like.