A quick walk-through of the Managed Software Update software management system.
Continue reading Managed Software Center
If you are having trouble with connecting to the School’s DHS Guest WiFi network, following the steps below. These will guide you through the process of removing the saved network from your device. After your device no longer has that saved wifi network, you may connect again using the updated DHS Guest WiFi passcode.
If you need the DHS Guest Wifi passcode, please login to your DanaConnect account. On the Resources page, you’ll find an icon with the current academic year’s guest wifi passcode. This passcode is changed annually.
Tap Settings > Wifi > Select the info symbol > Tap “Forget This Network”
If you have used your Dana Hall School email address as your Apple ID email address and you would like to change it to a personal email follow the directions below. If you need help you can visit www.apple.com/support.
Note – It may take up to 24 hours for the changes to reach all of your Apple devices.
Sign into your Apple account by going here: appleid.apple.com
Please follow these steps to update your system:
1. TimeMachine backup: Locate your drive. Connect it. Run a backup.
(need help? check out this guide: http://kb.danahall.org/time-machine/ )
2. Pick a time to install. This process will take 20 – 60 minutes. This can be done at the end of the day before you leave (as long as you cover step 4!) or over lunch break. PLEASE do not run this update right before class / a meeting where you will need your workstation.
3. Go to Managed Software Center and run the update “Install OSX High Sierra”
(need help? check out this guide: http://kb.danahall.org/managed-software-center/ )
4. Don’t walk away! When your system restarts you will need to log back in to your encrypted workstation to kick off the final install.
5. Get coffee, lunch, read a good book (part of one, anyway) while your system updates. Usually the process will take 20 minutes, but a nice, full hard drive can take up to an hour.
5. Log back in and run any remaining updates in Managed Software Center.
If you run into ANY trouble with these steps, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com or swing by the technology office, and we would be happy to guide you.
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to have your computer completely re-imaged. This can help you to get a “fresh start” with your computer, and usually results in a smoother-running system. Please send an email to email@example.com to schedule a time.
This guide will help you login to your Schoology Account.