Please click the link below to fill out a Google Form to request apps not on the Core Apps list.
In (1) Applications
Open (2) Manager
(3) Click “Self-Service” (do not sign in)
Click on (1) “My Commands”, then click (2) “Execute” next to “KeychainPurge_Druva_inSync
This guide will walk you through the process of configuring your Google account to allow Notability to keep a backup of all your notes on Google Drive.
Locate the Notability settings
Tap log in next to Google Drive
Enter your @danahall.org e-mail and password
Notability has to ask for permission to access information on your Google Account. This is an important step to make sure that you can properly back up all of your Notatbility notes. After you tap Accept you will be returned the the Manage Accounts page in the Notability settings.
Configure Google Drive Settings
(1) Select Auto-Backup
(2) Tap on the gear icon next to Google Drive
Configure Google Drive Settings (cont.)
With Google Drive backup you can configure a few different settings, but most people typically use the default settings.
(1) The default Destination Folder is /Notability/. Notability will create a folder called Notability in your Google Drive, but you may change this to any folder you’d like.
(2) Notability will backup in a variety of files formats, but PDF is the recommended if you want to be able to view the notes in other Apps.
(3) You can choose to backup all of your subjects or pick specific ones only.
This version requires a few steps to set up. Please follow the instructions in this tutorial to get your backup configured.
Step 1: Managed Software Center Update
In Managed Software Center you will see an updated version of Druva inSync.
[Managed Software Center overview here: https://kb.danahall.org/managed-software-center ]
Step 2: Activate Backup
1) Click the Druva inSync icon in the menu bar.
2) Select “Activcate Backup…”
Step 3: Log In
Leave the drop-down as “inSync Cloud”
1) Enter your full @danahall.org email address.
2) Click “Continue”
Step 4: Activation
1) Druva will open your web browser. If you are logged in with your Dana Google account, Druva will activate automatically.
If not, It may ask you to log in to Google. This is a legitimate request, please log in with your Dana Google account.
2) After successfully logging in, your browser will ask you to allow it to open inSync. Please do so.
Set up complete!
Your initial backup will now run in the new system.
Your Desktop and Documents folders are now being backed up. You are all set!
We have configured a new trusted certificate for the school’s secure wifi network, DHS Campus Wireless. Beginning Tuesday, April 30th at 10am, all devices connected to this secure network will automatically attempt to trust the new certificate. You will be prompted to “trust” the updated certificate.
After the network is trusted by your device, the connection will automatically be restored.
iOS device (iPhone or iPad)
Select Trust in the top right corner.
Select Show Certificate
Chrome and Android devices
Select Continue or Save
*This will erase all data on your iOS device, please make sure to have a backup of your data.
- First, log out by selecting Settings from the home screen
2. Select your name from the left menu (or top menu for iPhone)
3. Scroll down and select sign out
4. You will need to enter your Apple ID Password and select Turn Off
5. Next, to erase your device select General from the Settings Menu (scroll down for iPhone)
6. Scroll down to select Reset
7. Select Erase All Content and Settings
8. Select Finish Uploading Then Erase if you still need to back up or Erase now to proceed.
9. You will need to enter your iPad’s homescreen passcode to confirm the erase.
10. Select Erase.
Your iOS device will start to erase and return to factory settings.