iOS Only, for macOS users click here
It is important that you remain on the same network while your notes download. If the connection is interrupted the process may start over.
Issue – Notes re-download from iCloud whenever I open the app.
1. This usually means that your iPad or iPhone is low on storage space, so iOS doesn’t have enough room to keep your notes downloaded. (The amount of storage space in your iCloud account does not affect this behavior.) Freeing up space should let iOS keep your notes in place. Please do not delete notes from iCloud directly, as that will permanently delete the notes from iCloud and Notability on all of your devices.
Check your iPad storage in settings: Settings > General > iPad Storage
2. If that doesn’t solve your issue try this step – In this step, you may see your notes disappear and then reappear with the same loading cloud on all notes. However, this should be a final download and should stop the notes from downloading every time you open the app.
Reconfigure iCloud Syncing in Notability.
- In Notability, tap Settings > iCloud > iCloud Syncing > Toggle off.
- In Settings, tap Your Name > iCloud > scroll down to Notability > Toggle off.
- Restart device
- In Notability, tap Settings > iCloud > iCloud Syncing > Toggle on.
- In Settings, tap Your Name > iCloud > scroll down to Notability > Toggle on.
If you need help with any of the steps above or this issue persists, please contact the helpdesk!